"Sweet #$%#ing Mother of #$#@%!" Or, "An Announcement"

Dear Everyone Ever:

If the interwebs are to be believed, it would seem I have a book deal. Not only a book deal, but a two-book deal. Not only a two-book deal, but a two-book deal with one of the hottest publishers in all of speculative fiction. (Yes, I'm aware that if the interwebs are really to be believed, the world is going to end on Saturday. Which would be a bummer, because I've been assured on many nonconsecutive occasions that I do, indeed, really for-seriously actually have a book deal, and that this isn't some kind of elaborate prank.)

Said book deal, for those who've yet to click through (quite possibly due to the same baffling paralysis that struck me upon hearing the news, which, in addition to greatly hindering my jumping up and down, also prompted me to exclaim to my agent, "I CAN'T FEEL MY FACE!") is with Angry Robot. If you're not familiar with them, well, you should be. They've been amassing accolades left and right since their founding two years back, and just last month took home the prestigious Arthur C. Clarke Award for Lauren Beukes' ZOO CITY. (Okay, in fairness, I'm pretty sure the mightily talented Ms. Beukes actually took the award home, but you get my drift.) And as an added point of asskickery, they also publish K.W. Jeter, godfather (not to mention coiner) of steampunk. I mean, c'mon.

Oh, right, I should mention which two books! (Hey, gimme a break; I've never broken news of a book deal before.) The first of them is DEAD HARVEST, which is slated for an April 2012 release. It'll be followed by its sequel, THE WRONG GOODBYE, that fall.

Enormous thanks to my agent, Jennifer Jackson, as well as Marc Gascoigne and the rest of the Angry Robot crew. Thanks also to my readers, for spreading word of my strange little stories far and wide. Looks like you'll get to read some strange big stories from me now...